If you have forgotten your Malwarebytes Secure Backup (MBSB) login password, please follow the instructions below to recover it:
Note: If you have opted to use Ultrasafe for your Malwarebytes Secure Backup account, your password cannot be reset or recovered. If you forget an Ultrasafe password, you will no longer have access to any backed up data.
- Double click the MBSB icon on your desktop to start the MBSB application.
- On the MBSB "Sign in or create account" screen, click on the link "Forgot your password?". Your browser will open a window to a "Request Password" screen.
- Input your User Name for your MBSB account and click the button labeled "Submit". The next screen asks you to answer the Secret Question you selected when you setup your account.
- Click Submit.
- When the question is successfully answered, you will see a screen with this text:
"Your password was retrieved successfully, and an e-mail has been sent to <your email address>"
- Click OK.
- Next check your email for your password.
- Login to your account with the password you retrieved.
If you have additional questions or need assistance with this particular scenario, please contact Consumer Support at http://www.malwarebytes.org/support/consumer/contact/